|From developing content and building brand identities to overseeing social media content and managing online community relations, I excel at generating effective and positive exposure and enabling the success of dynamic marketing campaigns. I have a deep knowledge of new media channels and dive deep into analytics and demographics to make informed decisions. With persuasive communication skills to influence audience perceptions, along with my proven history of developing trusting and lasting relationships, I can substantially impact the success of your organization. Take a peek at my resume, I have extensive experience in writing, content strategy and marketing.
- Social Media Manager for world's largest DIY fashion community
- Managed over 26 social accounts with over a million fans and followers
- Artful use of conversational marketing to increase fans and engagement
- Brand Identity
- Web Analytics and Reporting
- Content Development & Management Strategies
- Offline Networking/Community Development
- Podcast Producer
- Social Media Strategy/Development
- Web Content Writer
- Internet Revenue Generation
- Project Management
- Working in deadline driven environments
Produce engaging multi-channel
content for website, blog, social media and other marketing channels.Overhaul
over 5000 web pages for improved user experience.
Improving website and user experience (Help pages)
- Rewrite content - especially high traffic pages
- Copy edit web pages
- Identify and fix non-preforming content
- Find and add new keyword opportunities
- Add ratings and helpfulness reviews into Support Center web pages
- Review customer feedback comments. Adjust pages as necessary
Technical fixes – SEO, organic and content fixes to site pages
- 1000's of organic fixes (fixing long url's, duplicate meta data etc)
- Re-vid pages to a more modern/elegant look
- Adding targeted keywords to articles
- Adding FAQ's to pages
- Overhauling pages for clarity
Craft content that satisfy customer's needs and wants.
- Lead copywriter for launch of new product marketplace
- Wrote 11 new articles on new product (keywords research)
- Create infographics for social
- Write separate blog posts for social engagement
- Work closely with marketing and legal
Technical background - Adobe Enterprise Management authoring -
- Create, modify content in AEM
- Add copy, build pages, publish pages
- Google/Adobe Analytic experience
2013 - 2014 Web Editor
Increased traffic and revenue for 7 brands and 7 websites. Responsibilities include growing website traffic, identify and write content to support SEO and customers, improve website conversion, and be the ‘voice’ of the online community. Responsible for the tone and content of 26 social media networks.
Increased customer engagement and brand visibility by revamping social media and marketing strategies, link building and SEO driven content.
- Lead producer for 7 websites. Oversee maintenance, scheduling and reporting, page building & improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on successful redesign of multiple websites.
- CMS experience includes - Inetz, Wordpress, Drupal, Ruby on Rails.
- Producer of new (late 2018) podcast. Responsible for all social media marketing and promotion. 88% consumption/engagement rate.
Social Media Manager for 7 magazine brands, including world's largest DIY fashion accounts. Accountable for growth on all channels.
- Increased Facebook fan page from 27k to over 100k+ (and grew other pages simultaneously)
- Create distinct ‘voices’ for each magazine brand social accounts.
- Grew You Tube subscribers by 37% by optimizing old descriptions and adding new videos weekly.
- Exclusively grew Instagram account from 124 to over 16,000.
- Vanity metrics include 3 Facebook accounts each over 100k, Instagram accounts at over 100k
- Develop relationships with industry contributors and influencers to obtain exclusive content.
- Revamped social media marketing strategy, with focus on content and customer.
- Create engaging, viral content to build social media audience, including contests, videos and memes.
- Develop close relationship with audience and fans by being responsive and relatable.
Prolific content writer that can generate revenue through e-newsletters, SEO and marketing copy
- Write 6 newsletters for up to 50,000+ subscribers each. Grew subscriber list by 27% in 2018.
- Increased revenue on websites (6.73%), blogs (325%) and You-Tube (177.25%)
- Editorial driven revenue grew YOY 10% for 2018.
- Write engaging, SEO optimized content for company blogs. Track all metrics and analytics.
- Produce attention-grabbing copy for products, marketing, courses and B2B emails.
- Develop series of ‘sizzle’ videos showing various tips and techniques.
- Create series of Facebook Live events showing behind the scenes and topical news.
Video Marketing & Product Creation
- Created and edited 'sizzle' videos for use in social media campaigns.
- Manager of YouTube channel. Responsible for creating optimized descriptions, images and scheduling.
- Started bi-weekly Facebook Live events.
- Initiated and completed move of video assets from one e-commerce platform to another, in order to take advantage of consumer’s appetite for online learning.
- Curate highly popular e-book titles, repeatedly made Top 10 best sales performers for 2 e-commerce sites.
Web & Content Management
- Created legacy and training documents for essential processes and practices.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the character and tone of all websites.
- Managed, maintained, and edited websites. Fixed broken links, re-wrote pages with optimized meta data and links.
- Created new pages regularly for each new issue, making sure all pages were written with SEO, keyword rich and meta data.
- Proficient at web page creation, editing, image and video manipulation and hyper-linking.
- CMS experience includes WordPress, Ruby On Rails, Drupal and proprietary.
Communications & Online Specialist [Contract 2009 to 2014] Working as a freelance web content writer, professional blogger and ghostwriter and researcher to provide web content for a number of businesses. Consistently commended by clients for excellent research, high standard of writing, professional (yet engaging) and quick turnarounds.
Premier Data Services – Document Analyst Support the GIS Production team and Resource Management team on multiple projects. Oil & Gas Lease Project –
- Proof of Concept Stage to Pilot Program Land Utilization Project – Arkansas (1930’s) Archival project
- Research chain of title and abstract Proofread land descriptions
- BLM – GLO Automated Records Project – www.glorecords.blm.gov Large multi state archival project for the Bureau of Land Management
HomeWatch Caregivers – Content Specialist -Conducted original research and wrote assigned content for newsletters and website.
- Published monthly newsletter to email subscribers
- Followed in-house editorial, formatting and style guidelines
- Established document review process
- Copy editing and document formatting as required
- Provided administrative support as required using Microsoft Office suite
The 4th Media – SEO Writer Wrote hundreds of SEO optimized articles for websites (topics included consumer goods).
- Input SEO Meta tags to articles for easy web page linking, assigned minimum three hyperlinks to each article and delivered assignments with a 24 hour turnaround.
Caption Colorado – Technical/Financial Text Editor
- Proofed and edited financial reports for multiple business through Caption Colorado
- Transcribed and edited financial transcripts
Metropolitan State University – Denver, Colorado
Bachelor of Arts – English/History
Honors - Sigma Tau Delta, Phi Alpha Theta, Tri Iota
Transcripts available upon request
- International Web Masters
- Web Professionals
- Denver Design Incubator Volunteer
- WISE - Women in Sustainable Energy
- Center for Visual Arts – Volunteer
Classes and Workshops
- SEO and Inbound Marketing Webinars - MOZ
- State of SEO & Internet Marketing - SEO MOZ Hubspot
- SEO Web Analytics
- Ins and Outs of Local SEO
- Northwestern University - Content Strategy for Professionals: Engaging Audiences For Your Organization
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Colorado Association of Libraries 2015