| I love the challenge of growing audiences on all social media networks. I enjoy building authentic, lasting relationships with online communities. And, I love to write! I can bring in money and eyes to your product, page or network.
Numbers don't lie. I have a proven ability to develop and deliver highly effective content to drive revenue growth, new customer acquisition, and expand brand awareness.
Communications planning, online marketing, social media: Content with a capital 'C'. Let's talk about what I can bring to your table.
- Increased revenue in Q1 - Q4 2016 over 50% from previous year for e-commerce site
- Create and edit highly shareable sizzle videos for social media
- Responsible for all posts/tweets on 13 social media networks for 4 magazines
- Artfully use conversational marketing to increase fans and engagement
Praised for quick and helpful responses to customer issues/complaints
- Content Management
- Brand Identity
- Web Analytics and Reporting
- Content Development & Management Strategies
- Offline Networking/Community Development
- Social Media Engagement
- Web Content Writer
- Internet Revenue Generation
- Project Management
- Working in deadline driven environments
Online editor|Social Media|Web producer
2013 to present
Increased traffic and revenue for 4 magazine brands and 6 websites. Responsibilities include growing website traffic, identify and write content to support SEO and customers, improve website conversion, and be the ‘voice’ of the online community. Responsible for the tone and content of 13 social media networks.
Increased customer engagement and brand visibility by revamping social media and marketing strategies, link building and SEO driven content.
- Lead producer for 6 websites. Oversee maintenance, scheduling and reporting, page building & improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on successful redesign of multiple websites.
- CMS experience includes - Inetz, Wordpress, Drupal, Ruby on Rails.
Social Media Manager for 4 magazine brands, accountable for growth on all channels by participating in minute-by-minute conversations, answering questions, offering solutions and sparking discussions.
- Increased Facebook fan page from 27k to over 100k+ (and grew other pages simultaneously)
- Create distinct ‘voices’ for each magazine brand social accounts.
- Grew You Tube subscribers by 37% by optimizing old descriptions and adding new videos weekly.
- Exclusively grew Instagram account from 124 to over 8,000 while managing 2 other accounts.
- Develop relationships with industry contributors to obtain exclusive content.
- Revamped social media marketing strategy, with focus on content and customer.
- Create engaging, viral content to build social media audience, including contests, videos and memes.
Prolific writer that can generate revenue through e-newsletters, SEO and marketing copy
- Write 6 newsletters for up to 50,000+ subscribers each. Grew subscriber list by 27% in 2016.
- Increased revenue on websites (6.73%), blogs (325%) and You-Tube (177.25%)
- Editorial driven revenue grew YOY 10% for 2016.
- Write engaging, SEO optimized content for company blogs. Track all metrics and analytics.
- Produce attention-grabbing copy for products, marketing, courses and B2B emails.
- Develop series of ‘sizzle’ videos showing various tips and techniques.
- Create series of Facebook Live events showing behind the scenes and topical news.
Video Marketing & Product Creation
- Created and edited 'sizzle' videos for use in social media campaigns.
- Manager of YouTube channel. Responsible for creating optimized descriptions, images and scheduling.
- Initiated and completed move of video assets from one e-commerce platform to another, in order to take advantage of consumer’s appetite for online learning. Project required liaising with multiple departments.
- Curate highly popular e-book titles, repeatedly made Top 10 best sales performers for 2 e-commerce sites.
Web & Content Management
- Created legacy and training documents for essential processes and practices.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the character and tone of all websites.
- Managed, maintained, and edited websites. Fixed broken links, re-wrote pages with optimized meta data and links.
- Created new pages regularly for each new issue, making sure all pages were written with SEO, keyword rich and meta data.
- Proficient at web page creation, editing, image and video manipulation and hyper-linking.
- Created new web pages and edited existing web pages using one in-house CMS
- Collaborated with graphic designers, QA and web developers, brand teams and cross-departmental teams to develop and maintain content
Communications & Online Specialist [Contract 2009 to 2014]
Working as a freelance web content writer, professional blogger and ghostwriter and researcher to provide web content for a number of businesses. Consistently commended by clients for excellent research, high standard of writing, professional (yet engaging) and quick turnarounds.
Premier Data Services – Document Analyst
- Support the GIS Production team and Resource Management team on multiple projects.
- Oil & Gas Lease Project – Proof of Concept Stage to Pilot Program
- Land Utilization Project – Arkansas (1930’s) Archival project
- Research chain of title and abstract
- Proofread land descriptions
- BLM – GLO Automated Records Project – www.glorecords.blm.gov
- Large multi state archival project for the Bureau of Land Management
HomeWatch Caregivers – Content Specialist
- Conducted original research and wrote assigned content for newsletters and website. Published monthly newsletter to email subscribers
- Followed in-house editorial, formatting and style guidelines
- Established document review process
- Copy editing and document formatting as required
- Provided administrative support as required using Microsoft Office suite
The 4th Media – SEO Writer
- Wrote hundreds of SEO optimized articles for websites (topics included consumer goods).
- Input SEO Meta tags to articles for easy web page linking, assigned minimum three hyperlinks to each article and delivered assignments with a 24 hour turnaround.
Caption Colorado – Technical/Financial Text Editor
- Proofed and edited financial reports for multiple business through Caption Colorado
- Transcribed and edited financial transcripts
Operations & Support Administrator Artistry Homes, LLC [2002 to 2009]
- Managed front office operations for a full-service construction company with over $2 million in revenues. Responsible for scheduling, front office and vendor, client relations.
- Increased sales 28% by implementing a new website and marketing plan.
- Maintained multiple project schedules for project management.
- Conducted research on competitor analysis and kept up to date on industry trends and forecasts
- Managed sub contractors, calendar and operational goals
- Responsible for all editing and proofreading of business documents, contracts, leases and agreements.
- Managed professional relationships and delivered superb customer service to vendors and clients.
Technical Project Coordinator Maxtor Corporation [1997 to 2002]
- Project Coordinator for high tech manufacturing company, supporting Director of Quality and 2 PM’s. Responsible for directing, organizing and controlling various engineering projects.
- Spearheaded multi-site project to enable easy access to engineering data and reports for worldwide sites.
- Project Administrator for team of 132 PricewaterhouseCoopers consultants for SAP implementation.
- Successfully developed new notification system for appropriate parties of modifications and changes in product and redesigned department web sites to ensure accurate communications across the company.
- Constructed online training program for employees to access on Intranet.
- Chair site meetings (with multiple countries and time zones) and wrote department newsletters.
- International Web Masters
- Web Professionals
- Denver Design Incubator Volunteer 2013
- WISE - Women in Sustainable Energy
- Center for Visual Arts – Volunteer 2009-2013
- American Sewing Guild - Denver Chapter 1st Vice President 2015-2016
Classes and Workshops
- SEO and Inbound Marketing Webinars - MOZ 2015
- State of SEO & Internet Marketing - SEO MOZ Hubspot
- SEO Web Analytics
- Ins and Outs of Local SEO 2014
- Northwestern University - Content Strategy for Professionals: Engaging Audiences For Your Organization - April 2015
- Introduction to Graphic Design - December 2016
- Colorado Association of Libraries 2014